Well, as hokey as it sounds, every year I prepare a list of New Year Resolutions that I plan on doing starting on January 2nd. I always take a "free day" on New Years Day as I consider that the last holiday of the year. So I began my new year today...and am vigorously practicing all my resolutions.
Here's my list (not necessarily in order of importance):
- Slow down and take time to smell the flowers.
- Take my exercise program more seriously.
- Eat healthier with more fruits and vegetables.
- Spend more time with my family.
- Devote time every day to focus on my spiritual growth.
- Be more generous to others.
- Shop less, spend less, save more.
- Learn how to invest in the stock market.
- Be a better listener.
I just love of the freshness and possibilities a new year brings. So here's to an amazing 2012. May yours be filled with health, happiness and prosperity.